Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Short review of "Pickleball 5.0"

As I have started playing this great game, I wanted to pick up a book that would help with the basics of the game.  This one does that and so much more.  Whether one is a raw beginner like me (have been on the courts twice), an instructor, or a seasoned player, this book has something for everyone.  I have only written a short review of it because I was only skimming the sections on teaching and advanced play, but I still wanted to share my thoughts on a book that for me was just as great to read as pickleball is to play.

Title/Author:
“Pickleball 5.0” by Phil Dunmeyer

Tags:
Pickleball, instructions, rules

Publish date:
November 17, 2017

Length:
282 pages

Rating:
5 of 5 stars (outstanding)

Review:
When I started reading this book, I thought it was mistitled because it seems very advanced and not a good fit for players like me who are beginners or are social players (the "2.0" players in the title) . However, that really is not the case because it really is a book for any level of player. Everything from shots to court position to proper etiquette is covered. It is also an excellent book for instructors as there are many teaching trips and drills provided. Whether one is new to the game like me or has played in tournaments for many years, this is an excellent book to pick up
                                                                       
Book Format Read:
E-book (Kindle)                                                                                                                                

Buying Links:
https://www.amazon.com/Pickleball-5-0-Journey-black-white/dp/1979755833/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=


1 comment:

  1. For in-depth pickleball information see: Hawaiitennis.org

    ReplyDelete